NOT PERSONAL INVESTMENT ADVICE: TAAS is a publisher. TAAS is not a broker, a dealer, a registered investment adviser, financial advisor, or financial planner. TAAS does not provide financial planning, investment advice, tax advice, or legal advice. Strategies offered by TAAS are generic in nature and have been prepared without regard to your individual investment objectives, financial situation or means.
While we use reasonable efforts to obtain information from sources which we believe to be reliable, nothing on the Website, the Blog, or any Strategy Rebalance Notice constitutes investment, financial, legal, tax or other advice nor is it to be relied on in making an investment or other decisions. The information and opinions contained in the Website, the Blog, or any Strategy Rebalance Notice is provided for general informational purposes only and is subject to change without notice.
POTENTIAL FOR CONFLICT OF INTEREST: The Owner of TAAS uses the Strategies to manage personal portfolios. While the securities employed in the Strategies are publicly traded and highly liquid, the Publisher’s buy and sell orders will compete with orders entered by Subscribers. Publisher’s orders are entered as “Market On Close” which means they will be filled at the close with all similar orders.
RISK OF LOSS: All investment in securities including mutual funds, ETFs, closed end funds, stocks and any other securities can lose money over any period of time. All investments involve risk. Losses may exceed the principal invested. Past performance is not an indicator of future performance. There is no guarantee for future results in your investment and any other actions based on the information provided on the website or in Rebalance Notices including but not limited to strategies, portfolios, articles, performance data and results of any tools.
ADDITIONAL CAVEAT: A 35+ year secular bull market in both equities and bonds began in 1982. The last cyclical bull market in equities (and to a lesser extent, bonds) began 10 years ago. Returns during these periods have been historically exceptional. Market returns for the next 10 years are highly unlikely to approach those of the past 10. In fact, there is at least some evidence that market returns have a high probability of being significantly lower and that bonds and equities (which have risen together) may actually begin working at cross purposes.
Investors should not use the statistics shown for the TAAS strategies to establish expectations of specific levels of returns or drawdowns. Investors should, however, appreciate that we believe the principles which underlie our strategies are enduring enough to significantly outperform the market in the future, both in lowering risk and in improving returns.
BACKTESTING: Charts and tables presented rely upon backtesting for historical results. Backtested results use data which is believed to be reliable but is not guaranteed. Data is adjusted for dividends, splits, and other corporate actions but do include allowance for fees or commissions. Results assume the use of Market On Close orders to execute orders at the closing price on each rebalance; however exchanges do not guarantee execution of such orders at the closing prices. Every attempt is made to avoid “curve fitting” of results by using parameters from within a range of parameters which produce similar results.
FUND BASKETS: Our TAA examples and plans use Open End Funds (OEF), Exchange Traded Funds (ETF), and Closed End Funds (CEF) exclusively. The market for Open End Funds has been well established for decades and there is often extensive history available going back into the previous decade which makes them useful for testing methodologies across multiple market cycles. Open End Funds often carry holding period restrictions which make them unsuitable for TAA plans requiring monthly rebalancing. Exchange Traded Funds and Closed End Funds are of more recent vintage with very limited history available prior to the 2007-2008 Bear Market; however they can be freely traded. Exchange Traded Funds used in our examples and plans are generally required to have history back to the 2007-2008 Bear Market and to meet a minimum liquidity requirement of one million shares daily.
LINKED BLOGS, WEBSITES, OR OTHER MATERIAL: Links may appear on the Website or Blog that may be used to link to other blog(s) or websites. These links are provided solely as a courtesy to our visitors. We have no control over the linked sites or the materials, information, goods or services available or contained on these linked sites. We are not responsible for and do not endorse or warrant in any way any materials, information, goods or services available through such linked sites or any privacy or other practices of such sites. If you decide to access any of the linked sites, you do so entirely at your own risk.
DOWNLOADED MATERIAL FROM WEBSITE: You may download or print out a hard copy of individual pages and/or sections of the Website or Blog, and files made available for download, provided that you do not remove any logos or other proprietary notices. Any downloading or other copying from the Website or Blog will not transfer title to any software or material to you. You may not reproduce (in whole or in part), transmit (by electronic means or otherwise), modify, link into or use for any public or commercial purpose the Website or Blog without the prior written permission.
Updated February 28. 2019
Additional Investment Related Disclosures
Tactical Asset Allocation Strategies, LLC (“TAAS”) is not registered as a securities broker-dealer or an investment adviser either with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”) or with any state securities regulatory authority. We are neither licensed nor qualified to provide investment advice.
The contents of this website are not provided to any particular individual with a view toward their individual circumstances. The information in this report was generated for the subscriber’s own use. The information is provided for informational purposes only and should not be considered an individualized recommendation of any particular security, strategy or investment product, and should not be construed as investment, legal or tax advice. The information contained on our website is not an offer to buy or sell securities. We distribute opinions, comments and information for a monthly fee exclusively to individuals who wish to receive them. Such distribution is a general and regular circulation to all of our subscribers. The information contained therein constitutes impersonalized advice and involved disinterested commentary on the securities discussed.
Our website has been prepared for informational purposes only and is not intended to be used as a complete source of information on any particular fund. An individual should never invest in the securities of any of the funds’ mentioned based solely on information contained on our website. Individuals should assume that all information provided regarding funds is not trustworthy unless verified by their own independent research.
Any individual who chooses to invest in any securities should do so with caution. Investing in securities is speculative and carries a high degree of risk; you may lose some or all of the money that is invested. Always research your own investments.
Past performance is not indicative of future results. The material contained on this page is intended for informational purposes only. TAAS offers a monthly, paid membership trade alert newsletter and free newsletter. These trades are one hundred percent unbiased and TAAS is never compensated for them. Our website and newsletter are neither an offer nor recommendation to buy or sell any security. We hold no investment licenses and are thus neither licensed nor qualified to provide investment advice. The content of our website and/or newsletter is not provided to any individual with a view toward their individual circumstances. While all information is believed to be reliable, it is not guaranteed by us to be accurate. Individuals should assume that all information contained on our website or in our newsletter is not trustworthy unless verified by their own independent research. Also, because events and circumstances frequently do not occur as expected, there will likely be differences between the any predictions and actual results. Be extremely careful, investing in securities carries a high degree of risk; you may likely lose some or all of the investment. We reserve the right to buy or sell shares of any fund mentioned on our website or in our newsletter at any time.
Because hypothetical back-tested performance returns do not reflect actual trading activity, they do not reflect tolerances for risk or for loss that might have impacted investment decisions if actual assets were at risk. Furthermore, hypothetical back-tested performance returns are based, in part, on assumptions/rules, which may not be considered reasonable, and which may not have been realized if the performance represented actual returns. Furthermore, changes to the assumptions/rules or techniques may result in significantly different results, which may prove to be a more accurate illustration and the assumptions/rules used to create the hypothetical back-tested performance returns can be adjusted at any time, for any reason, and can continue to be changed until desired or better performance results are achieved. Consequently, hypothetical back-tested performance returns will invariably show positive returns. Additionally, hypothetical back-tested performance returns do not reflect the impact of certain economic conditions and/or market factors, which might have had an effect on investment decision making if actual assets were at risk. Finally, hypothetical back-tested performance returns are not subject to additions and/or withdrawals of account capital. Consequently, actual accounts managed according to the investment strategy may have substantially different performance returns depending on the timing of such transactions in relation to the direction of the market.
Earl Adamy may hold, buy, and sell securities that are discussed on www.taastrategies.com. We reserve the right to buy or sell the shares of any the funds mentioned in any materials we produce at any time.
Information contained on our website will contain “forward looking statements” as defined under Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21B of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance upon these forward looking statements. These forward looking statements are subject to a number of known and unknown risks and uncertainties outside of our control that could cause actual operations or results to differ materially from those anticipated. Factors that could affect performance include, but are not limited to, those factors that are discussed in each fund’s most recent reports or registration statements filed with the SEC. You should consider these factors in evaluating the forward looking statements included on the website and not place undue reliance upon such statements.
We are committed to providing factual information on the funds that are discussed. However, we do not provide any assurance as to the accuracy or completeness of the information provided, including information regarding a fund’s plans or ability to effect any planned or proposed actions. We have no first-hand knowledge of any fund’s operations and therefore cannot comment on their capabilities, intent, resources, nor experience and we make no attempt to do so. Statistical information, dollar amounts, and market size data was provided by the subject fund and related sources which we believe to be reliable.
To the fullest extent of the law, we will not be liable to any person or entity for the quality, accuracy, completeness, reliability, or timeliness of the information provided on this website, or for any direct, indirect, consequential, incidental, special or punitive damages that may arise out of the use of information we provide to any person or entity (including, but not limited to, lost profits, loss of opportunities, trading losses, and damages that may result from any inaccuracy or incompleteness of this information).
Updated February 28. 2019
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
SECURITY: We take precautions to protect our website and your information.
- Our webhost provider has implemented all reasonable security precautions to secure access to their data center and servers.
- We have implemented security software specific to our website for its security and protection.
- Communications with website users is secured with HyperText Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS). This means that a) your browser establishes a closed point to point connection with our website and b) all information transmitted over that connection is encrypted. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon adjacent to our web address in your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
- Our Credit Cards transactions are processed by Stripe which implements comprehensive security and encryption protocols to maintain the security of stored data. Stripe embeds their own data collection form in our subscription page. Payment requests and approvals are exchanged via secured and encrypted connection between our website and Stripe. We do not capture or retain credit card information on our website.
- Our Email services are provided by MailChimp which implements comprehensive security and encryption protocols to maintain the security of stored data. The collection of email addresses is strictly limited to those website users who specifically "opt in" by completing a confirmation process.
INFORMATION COLLECTION, USE, AND SHARING: We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We do not and will not rent or sell this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than to permit Stripe, our secure payments processor, to process subscription payments.
YOUR ACCESS AND CONTROL OVER INFORMATION: We provide Followers and Subscribers with the means of editing/updating the information we maintain.
You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you
- Have us delete any data we have about you
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
BLOG FOLLOWERS: We request information from you on our Blog sign-up form when you become a Follower:
- Blog Followers submit a first and last name and an email address in the registration form. We do not retain this information on our website; however it is retained on the website of MailChimp, our email services provider, where it remains under our exclusive control during the period you are a Follower. This information is used to send blog updates and other notices to Followers. You may use the "You can update your preferences" or "unsubscribe from this list" links at the bottom of each email to update your email address or unsubscribe.
STRATEGY SUBSCRIBERS: We request information from you on our order form when you purchase a Strategy Subscription:
- A username and password of your choice which is stored on our website to manage your subscription and provide access to subscriber only pages. The username can not be changed. The password is encrypted when you enter it and is never visible to us. You may change the password by using the Account page under the Subscriber portal.
- Contact information including first and last name and email address which is stored on our website to manage your subscription and correspond with you as necessary. It is also maintained on the website of MailChimp, our email services provider, where it remains under our exclusive control. This information is used to send Rebalance Notices, subscription updates, blog updates and other notices. You may update your first and last name and email address by using the Account page under the Subscriber portal.
- Credit card number and expiration date is entered in an embedded credit authorization form provided by Stripe, our payments processor. At no time do we have access to, or retain, any credit card information you provide to Stripe.
- We maintain subscription records which include the subscription fee, begin date, and end date for each subscription.
This information is used for billing purposes and to provide the services you have requested. If we have trouble processing a subscription, we’ll use this information to contact you.
COOKIES: We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site.
- We use Subscriber cookies to facilitate access to subscriber only areas of the website.
- We use Popup cookies to avoid showing informational popups too frequently.
SHARING: Except for information shared with Stripe for credit card processing, and information we store on MailChimp for sending emails, we do not share information with other entities.
BUSINESS TRANSFER: If TAA Strategies, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that TAA Strategies goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of TAA Strategies may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Updated January 17, 2019